Saturday, June 6, 2009

Why?

Why did I have to wake up with Kansas in my head?
Maybe it's the wind in Cape Town.
Maybe it's the dust, which is somewhere else.

Late nights, large cappucinos.
Last stop homeward, BP - naturally.

Busy few weeks ahead,
busy weeks past.
The word busy, springs to mind.
Now it just sounds wrong,
let's leave it there.

I think I need to visit the Flatlands.
Actually,
what I really need to do is get some fresh air.
Now, let's be honest,
city air is not fresh.
Hell, not even Suburban air is fresh.
(At least, not fresh enough)
I'll leave my rant on pollution for another day (blog).

No, I need to get out to sea. Somehow.
Unfortunately, sailors aint what they used to be.

"I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone.
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity.
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind.

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, all your money won't another minute buy"

-Kansas

Cheers




© Luke Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment