Friday, June 19, 2009

And now?

In retrospect,
roses may have been better.
Wait, no.
That's not right.
In reality though, I need to watch what I say (here).
Watch my tongue.
Who knows where it gets me.

Partial failure? Partial success?
Time will tell.
Optimism never has been my strong point.
Now is no different.
Not cryptic at all.
Nothing.

Actually, as it turns out, my life has become a City and Colour album.
As of today, moreso.
Pick a song, any song...
Between Leonard Cohen and City and Colour,
you're bound to find me.
Somewhere there.

Roses, next time... maybe roses.

Definitely this while I'm breathing:



"And I know its not to get away from me,
You just need a change of scenery.
So strange how everything went wrong so fast
And I hope that this confusion does not last.

These words might be, too little too late,
And I’m afraid that I have already lost you.
Now three months equals eternity and this will be so hard,
And I will long to hold you in my arms

When you ask do you love me,
I should reply with yes most certainly.
I always hesitate there’s something lingering,
And I will try harder to be all that I can be."


-
City and Colour



© Luke Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment