Monday, March 16, 2009

Silver and Cold.

Cold day, silver lining?
Dark clouds came rolling in today.
I became excited - then they left.

So, that didn't last too long,
and I'm still left praying for winter to hurry up.
Well, not praying in literal terms, but, you know.

It's easier to walk the streets when it's cold.
For me anyway.
There's a connection, between the city and the cold.
It's most definitely a perception issue.
Having to keep warm has it's perks too,
more so than having to keep cool.

Tattoos heal faster.
Lights appear brighter.
Self-reflection.
Rain.
Fires for warmth.
The grey.

(the list goes on)

I'll buy a winter house, I think that'll be best for everyone.
Lifetime supply of wood and firelighters, I'll be happy(er).

(PS: Shooting stars move fast)

Cheers

"I watch the stars as they fall from the sky.
I held a fallen star and it wept for me, dying.
I feel the fallen stars encircle me, now as they cry."


- AFI


© Luke Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment