Monday, March 30, 2009

Great gig in the sky






I've never really devoted too much thought to it before,
but I now know what song I want to have played at my funeral.
Right at the end, when some poor folks are carrying my coffin away,
on route to the trench.
(Yes, that's right, I want to be buried. If I change my mind about that,
then I want the song to accompany my 'scattering'.)
Morbid topic, sure... but then again, this is life (and death).

The song doesn't even have lyrics as such.
Just a few spoken words in the background.
Profound. Summarizing.


"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do,
I don't mind.
Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it,
you've gotta go sometime.
I never said I was frightened of dying."


- Pink Floyd (Great Gig In The Sky)

(And I guess I still have to put a photo up, eh?)
(Well, just for you... and you)

Cheers





© Luke Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment