Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Need more friends with wings...

"Need more friends with wings
All the angels I know
Put concrete in my veins"


- Billy Talent

Man, the storm that hit Cape Town on that day was surreal.
It came out of nowhere.
The calm before was even more surreal.
It was quiet, and although you could see and 'hear' people shouting and laughing,
it didn't register as any sound at all.
It was as if I was standing too far away to truly hear any sort of 'human' sound.
I heard some seagulls.
Seagulls, that's them... ye, they came over loud and clear.

I just wish I could've captured this absence of sound,
this completely surreal and sudden calm.

Then, a few drops landed on my face... my camera.
Then, the wind called my name...

Man, the storm that hit Cape Town on that day was surreal.

I think Winter misses me.
The feeling is mutual.

Cheers

© Luke Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment