Monday, August 10, 2009

The Spice Box of Earth

What a lovely weekend.
Hint of sarcasm, probably - naturally.
It was my birthday on Saturday,
yeah, that's right.

Golden circle, or, golden grain,
that's how I like to describe my close (group of) friends.
A select few, who all share similar qualities:
- Mental/emotional instability
- A strong sense of Carpe Diem
- Vulgar/violent tendencies.
- Undying loyalty
Love... that's what I feel, for this golden grain.

So, obviously,
lack of sleep is haunting me at the moment.
Misty vision. Rubber limbs.

A Leonard Cohen poetry book - come on,
you don't get anything better/worse than that.
If I could, I'd live in the pages.
Oh wait, no, that's already happening...


"I wonder how many people in this city
live in furnished rooms.
Late at night when I look out at the buildings
I swear I see a face in every window
looking back at me,
and when I turn away,
I wonder how many go back to their desks
and write this down."


- Leonard Cohen (I wonder how many people in this city)

Cheers



© Luke Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment