Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah.

"Baby I've been here before,
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor...
I used to live alone before i knew you"


- Jeff Buckley

Open to misinterpretation.
Hunter Kennedy said that,
and with each day that passes,
it resonates deeper than before.

Well, last night the stars were trying to shine brighter than ever.
Failing... but trying nonetheless.
Amongst the fire and the music,
we felt small, yet as noticable as City Dwelling stars.
We still feel it today.
And we 'll feel that way tomorrow.
It's not going to change anytime soon.
A blessing and a curse, at the same time.
Anyway, I've still got coffee in my tin,
and a sky above.
Can't be doing too badly, right?


"Well, maybe there's a god above,
but all I've ever learned from love
was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
It's not a cry that you hear at night.
It's not somebody who's seen the light.
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."


- Jeff Buckley



Cheers



© Luke Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment